Basically, it's as deep as a single bed, and just about the same width. At first I thought it was kind of small, but it turns out that it fits me and all of my things just fine. That, and I'm lucky because I have a room to myself. Most people where I am have two or sometimes three to a room (although their rooms are much bigger). Honestly, I'd live in an even smaller room if it meant I got to live by myself.
Does that make me antisocial? I'd like to think not. I figure that by the time someone's 30, if they don't like having their own room, there might be a problem with them.
This is our cat:
Her name's Bashak. Before you all think, "My, what a creative name," know that Bashak is the word "cat" in Dari. And as a matter of fact, I think the guys here call all the cats Bashak. This one just happens to hang around with us. There are actually cats all over the place here on our base. They're ostensibly here in order to keep the rodent population down. Our cat's lazy, as you can tell in the picture. She doesn't catch anything. Of course, that could have to do with the fact that half the guys here bring her food from the dining facility. And there are definitely plenty of mice, because I think we've killed five since I've been here.
But she's a nice cat. I just can't figure out for the life of me how she gets into where we are.

4 comments:
I agree with having your own room...there's plenty of time to hang out with other people I'm sure. And, no one would ever consider you anti-social...I would describe you as quite the opposite :-)
Did you get the cat out for any hidden video/audio cameras?
Man, that is the nicest room I've ever seen on a deployment, you lucked out on that one. Keep up the good work buddy.
I never knew you were in Las Vegas!
Post a Comment