Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Home Again

Well, I got home just over a week ago, so I've been lazy about posting here. But it's nice to be back home. What's even more remarkable is that now the air here in Las Vegas feels nice and clean. I guess that's what six months of being able to see the air you're breathing will do, though.

What I can't believe is how much Elizabeth has grown while I've been gone! Jenn did a good job of sending me pictures, and we were able to use webcams, but still, it was pretty surprising. Even more surprising was how much she's saying and doing that she wasn't doing six months ago.



The day I (finally) got home after over three days of travelling

Another pleasant surprise was that it took her very little time at all to warm up to me again. We figured it would take a while for her to get used to me. But inside of 12 hours she was wanting me to pick her up, and has been really happy with me being here ever since. That may be one of the best things about this entire homecoming, really.

2 comments:

Mirissa said...

Welcome home! We are excited to hear about the new addition when that happens. Thanks for the time you served. What a sacrifice you and Jenn made. Thank you.

John C said...

Welcome home Tripp!